OK. I generally prefer alternative/indie electronica, but there are times when so much emo angst just doesn’t get the booty shaking, blood flowing, and the good vibrations going.
In my “pick me up” playlist:
- They Might Be Giants: Birdhouse in Your Soul
- TMBG: Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
- Peaches: Shake yer dix (and pretty much anything else by her)
- Le Tigre (all their stuff is great to rock out to)
- Anything by M.I.A.
- Anything disco. Especially Kool and the Gang; Earth, Wind and Fire; and the sweet, sweet sounds of The Commodores.
- Mariah Carey. Especially her latest album E=MC2.
- Justin Timberlake & Chad Hugo. Seriously.
Hey, don’t knock the pop cultural references. Enjoy!